Mini Cup + Straw Training System
Mini Cup + Straw Training System
Learning to drink from a straw is an important developmental milestone for toddlers. Straw drinking is a critical respiratory and swallowing skill, and it's a great way for toddlers to explore mealtime independence. The key to straw introduction is having an age-appropriate length and diameter as well as sensory support to keep the toddler's lips at the tip of the straw. Pediatric Feeding Specialist Dawn Winkelmann, M.S., CCC-SLP, designed the ezpz Mini Cup + Straw Training System to help toddlers meet important open cup and straw drinking milestones safely and successfully.
- Helps toddlers succeed with the 3-Phase Developmental Drinking Method (Dawn Winkelmann, M.S, CCC-SLP)
- Straw serves as both a Beginner Training Straw & an Advanced Training Straw
- Soft silicone protects baby/toddlers developing guns and teeth
- Reduces spillage
- Weight base and tactile bumps provide topple resistance
- Made from high quality silicone that is BPA, BPS, PVC, and phthalate FREE
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
DEVELOPMENTAL DRINKING SYSTEM*
- Step 1: Open Cup
- Start having your toddler practice drinking independently from the Mini Cup.
- Open cup drinking is important, as it supports healthy oral and speech development, aids with teething, helps your toddler build a strong swallow, and can decrease tooth decay.
Step 2: Beginner Training Straw
Place the Mini Straw into the Mini Cup lid with the sensory bumps outside of the cup.
- The straw's sensory bumps will help keep your toddler's lips stable, while the curvature and shorter length promote safe and successful straw drinking.
- These features support the development of a mature swallow.
- Step 3: Advanced Training Straw
- Once your toddler is no longer depending on the sensory bumps and curvature for safety, flip the straw over (placing the sensory bumps inside the Mini Cup).
- Congrats! Your toddler has developed the skills to drink from the more traditional straight and smooth straw, while still taking advantage of the shorter length for continued safety.
*Based on Ms. Dawn's 3-Phase Developmental Drinking Method created by ezpz's Pediatric Feeding Specialist, Dawn Winkelmann, M.S, CCC-SLP.
- Mini Cup: 2.5" x 3.1"
- Mini Lid: 1.4" x 2.1"
- Straw: 5.4" x 0.3"
- Packaging: 5.6" L x 2.7" W x8.3" H
- Portion Size: 4 oz.
- 100% Food Grade Silicone
- Develops Fine Motor Skills
- BPA, BPS, PVC + Phthalate Free
- Dishwasher and Microwave Safe
- Built to last - Silicone will not wear, fade, or corrode!
- Maximum Temperature: 350ºF
- Minimum Temperature: -8ºF
- Ages 12 months +
Wash thoroughly before first use and after each use.
- Product can be placed in dishwasher or hand washed.
- Some detergents and soaps have a tendency to leave a residue. If this occurs, we recommend switching detergents, modifying dishwasher cycle settings, and/or cleaning the cup with hot water, vinegar, and/or baking soda.
- Do not wash with metal scouring pads.
** WARNING: For your child's safety and health, always use with adult supervision. Never leave child unattended while using. Continuous and prolonged sucking of sugary fluids may cause tooth decay. Take extra care when microwave heating. Always check food/liquid temperature before consuming. Always stir heated food to ensure even heat distribution and test. Do not expose cup to heat higher than 350ºF. Keep all relevant information for future reference. Remove and discard all packaging materials properly and imspect product before use. Throw away at the first sign of damage or weakness. Maximum temperature: 350ºF. Minimumum Temperature: -8ºF. **
LOCAL IN-STORE & CURBISDE PICKUP
Both in-store or curbside pickup is available Tuesday through Friday from 12pm - 5pm and Saturday from 12pm -3pm. An email will be sent to you when your order is ready for pickup. If you prefer to meet us curbside for pickup, please call us at (405) 842-7926 or text us at (405) 742-4476.
Complimentary shipping on all orders over $100 (after discounts, before taxes!Orders are processed and shipped the next business day (Tuesday through Friday), with the exception if the next day is a national holiday, via USPS, UPS, or DHL Express.We do not ship on Saturday or Sunday. These orders will be shipped on the following Tuesday.You will receive a confirmation email upon submitting your order and again when you order has shipped with tracking information. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this in your inbox.We are not responsible for lost, stolen, damaged, or delayed packages by the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or DHL Express.